BDSM Reviews

Thursday, March 22, 2007

For My Master By: Suz deMello



Title: For My Master
Author: Suz deMello
Publisher: Loose Id
ISBN: 978-1-59632-318-6

Score: 3 1/2 out of 5

Ross and Kathie head out for the mission of their lives. Kathie has to be his slave and Ross is her Master. It's all fun and games on the outside, yet both know that this is exactly how they wish it could be for the two of them. Before they can have their relationship however, they have a case that must be solved. There is no telling if they will make it out dead or alive, but neither is willing to put the experience behind them.

There isn't much I can say about For My Master. This is one book that didn't touch me and at times even irritated me. As a whole the idea isn't bad. However, half way through the book it began to lag for me. I felt the conflict resolution was a bit of a cop out. And then nothing was mentioned later about how it could have been that easy. If anything I felt as though Ms deMello tried to turn a complicated plot into something short and sweet. There are times when that works and there are times when it doesn't. This didn't work for me.

The action scenes in For My Master were very rigid, leaving little room for description. It was more of a telling than a showing of how the events occurred. Action scenes are difficult and I admire anyone that tries them. But, this did not do it for me. Another difficult part for me is the lack of descriptive words in general. There were a lot of was, were's across the book as a whole and it completely dragged me from the story. I feel if she was able to come up with such an action packed storyline she could have given us a more thorough story.

What I did like about the book was the sex scenes between Ross and Kathie. And the plot set up in the beginning. I enjoyed reading the tattoo scene, very erotic. I really enjoy what these two do for a living. That's why there is the 3 1/2. I'm indecisive about the book as a whole, because I enjoyed the first half but not the second.

Posted by Miranda Heart :: 6:30 AM :: 0 Comments:

Post / Read Comments

-------------------------------------