BDSM Reviews

Sunday, October 07, 2007

Soul Master By: Reese Gabriel


Title: Soul Master
Author: Reese Gabriel
Publisher: Ellora's Cave2007
ISBN:9781419911378

Score 3.5 out of 5

(BDSM Reviews did NOT write the blurb for this book.)
This book is the sequel to Chaining His Heart

Beautiful, sassy Cindy wants the handsome mercenary Conrad DeWitt in the worst way. She has the perfect opportunity when Conrad’s brother marries her best friend Chelsea on a romantic and remote Caribbean island.

Over a glass of wine, Cindy confesses her desires to Conrad. He tries to warn Cindy away, telling her that he is an incorrigible sexual Dominant who will accept nothing short of total obedience and submission from his bed partners. To his amazement, Cindy confesses that a taste of sexual slavery is exactly what she’s been craving in the lonely hours of the night—but without the whips and chains.

A bargain is struck and the two plunge together into an unforgettable night of passion and surrender. Conrad claims her body and soul, but little does he realize that his heart and hers will be swept away in the surge of desire.



There is one thing Reese Gabriel is always consistant about. The heat level in her stories is enough to catch my bed sheets on fire. With this book I'm torn. On the one hand it's hot. But, it doesn't start to get hot until Conrad decides to do something other than make advances that are unwanted by Cindy. And I say unwanted because there is way more dialogue than action. Even if I was a 24/7 sub looking for forever, I wouldn't appreciate any man demanding my time. In this case the heroine doesn't think she has an interest in the lifestyle. This being her first contact with a Dominant you'd think he'd be less of an ass about it. He just comes off far too much of a Domineering Ass even for my taste. This could have all been relieved however had we known the heroine was wet and panting through the whole conversation.

Past that point though the book was well worth my time. Conrad is called away on an oversees business trip, that turns out to be an almost deadly mission for him. I found myself hoping he'd be safe and crying towards the end of the book. I truly liked Conrad and Cindy.

I opted to still do this review simply because I'm not sure if this is a book about Domination and submission or just two vanillas enjoying kinky sex. It is however a very worthwhile investigation to get to the bottom of this.

Posted by Miranda Heart :: 8:46 PM :: 0 Comments:

Post / Read Comments

-------------------------------------