BDSM Reviews

Monday, October 22, 2007

An Extreme Haunting By: Cheryl Dragon


Title: An Extreme Haunting
Author: Cheryl Dragon
Publisher: Ellora's Cave2007
ISBN:9781419912405

Rating: 5 out of 5

Sean O'Brien inherits an old Irish castle, believing that the rumors of its haunting by an ancestor who kept a harem are ridiculous-until the ghostly influence destroys his inhibitions. His Dom side is exposed and he's taking everything he wants from the sexy, submissive ghost hunter alone with him.
Dana Rayne is hired to cleanse the castle of ghosts but they are stronger than any she's ever faced. Sean is stunned by their effect on him but Dana is more than willing to be the sub in Sean's kinky dungeon built for sex. The ghosts refuse to leave and grow stronger as Halloween nears. As Dana and Sean explore their deepest fantasies, the ghosts attempt to act out their own deadly desires.

This story is 47 pages long, therefore the author didn't have much time to build up a relationship on the plane and still fit in all the hot sex controlled by ghosts throughout the rest of the book. WHEW, one hell of a sentence, eh?

So for fantasy purposes I'll say this book was a very hot, sexy, bummed I wasn't in bed with more freedom kind of read. Sean seems to have a hard time keeping control of his fantasies, or he just really doesn't care to. We don't know much about Dana, which is fine. She obeys well and isn't that what matters most in a fantasy??

I sorta rolled my eyes when I found out this was a ghost story. I like Halloween but I don't LOVE Halloween. I never ever buy holiday books or picture frames. I am very glad that Ellora's Cave pubbed this story though. This could be read at any time of year and still be a fabulous story.

When we got to the part about the ghosts I started to freak out a little. Her visuals were awesome, but the crazy part is what happened while I read the story. You see way down here in the south the weather has finally changed. Of course it wouldn't actually change without an ice cold rainstorm to ring in the new season. So I have my doors wide open, little bit is watching a movie and I had a half hour to myself. (Yes, I'm a fast reader so I read this in one sitting) Just as I'm at the freaky ghost part, Dana faints, my front door slams shut so hard I almost fell out of my chair. From that point forward this book really was a little creepy. I loved being drawn into the old castle, I wanted to move into the dungeon. The Old Master of the house totally gave me the creeps, yet, kinda sexy in a super harem fantasy sorta way.

I was a little disappointed by the branding. I understood where it came from and it certainly had it's purpose, BUT, branding done improperly is extremely dangerous. Then the fact that she took a bath soon after had me cringing in pain. I've taken a shower with a burnt finger once and thought I'd die. Imagine a hip. I'm off my soap box about it. Sean was a great Dom through and through and Dana was a submissive most of us girls only dream to be. I was very happy to see that she wasn't just some brat looking for a spanking. We do get to see a slight playful side of hers, but for the most part she takes her role seriously and that made my morning. Now I'm going to take my cold shower and see you all for another book review this week.

Posted by Miranda Heart :: 12:54 PM :: 0 Comments:

Post / Read Comments

-------------------------------------